Combat "V"

Why doesn't Brian ONeil recognize "Navy Commendation Medal with Combat "V" on my DD214?
Instead of writing what he wrote below?

Why was my "Navy Commendation Medal with Combat "V" not recognized?
My handwritten "Combat Action Medal" with my initials "amo" was recognized.
Is it not obvious that I am not trying to deceive anyone?


Jan31 (9:34am) Brian O’Neill to Veteran
“The 21-526 that was already submitted should suffice, a 21-527 should not need to be submitted. I consulted with my colleagues here in the office, and it does not at this time make sense why the VA would have sent you the form in the first place, especially since the 21-526 addresses all the same issues. The process does not need to be restarted.
The 21-8049 is used to bring down your countable income, as is the 21-8416. Just fill them out with the applicable information, sign them, and send them to me. As they are financial forms, I cannot sign them on your behalf.
Once they are filled out, we can submit the VCAA Notice Response as well stating that you have no more information to submit.
Who hand-wrote in "Combat Action Medal" on your DD 214? This seems out of place as only the Air Force has a Combat Action Medal. The Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Corps have a Combat Action Ribbon.
For right now, I will submit a 21-4138 stating that you request that the compensation claim be withdrawn, and request the VA move forward on pension only. Since we are withdrawing the claim for compensation, the 21-4142 no longer needs to be completed.”

Jan31 (1:31pm) Brian O’Neill to Veteran
“The VA will have to submit to NPRC for your records anyhow, so that should be reflected. The record from the VAMC reflects that you were Navy. Since there is already a claim folder in Honolulu for you, they should already have a DD 214 on file. We have also submitted to NPRC for your records, so you should receive a copy.
In the future, do not write information onto your official paperwork, as it invalidates the paperwork, and may actually be illegal. Veterans do not have the authority to adjust their own paperwork. If your DD 214 is missing something, then you have to submit a request to your branch of service to have a DD 215, which is a correction to the DD 214, generated. If you don't have the orders to show the award of a Combat Action Ribbon, and it is not annotated on your DD 214, then you are not authorized to wear or claim the Combat Action Ribbon. This is something that is very important, the last time I saw a veteran submit an altered DD 214 to the VA, the VA Inspector General launched an investigation of them, believing that the claimant was not the veteran, but instead stealing their identity. If you add something to your original paperwork, the VA has to presume the entire document is invalid. So if it was the one piece of paper that could prove your claim, they would not be able to use it, and could result in a denial. If you feel the need to clarify documents, we can do so seperately.
When you receiv
e the records from NPRC, you can go into the Arizona Department of Veterans Services office that is closest to you, and they can make you certified true copies, and submit certified true copies of the NPRC records to the VA on your behalf. Or if you are up this way and would like to bring them in, I can do it for you”

Feb1 (1:53pm) Brian O’Neill to Veteran
“Spoke to a Navy individual, he told me that all officers in the US Navy are considered to be in the Navy Reserve for their first year. I don't know if that has something to do with it.
I will submit the DD 214 to the VA, though since I haven't seen the original, I cannot stamp it as being certified true. But as I stated yesterday, we have in the record request to NPRC for them to send certified true copies to you. Since you have filed a claim previously, as shown by you being in the system, they may not even need the DD 214.
For the medical expenses, you generally go a year back.
I am here to assist, let me know if there is anything else.”